We have good news, there is a new firmware for K1 Plus TV Box (2015-11-23 – p20x-ota-20151123.183302.V1031). If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, K1 Plus TV Box is available directly from Videostrong (on Alibaba.com) or Gearbest for $45.89 with coupon code: GBK1P and Geekbuying. Unboxing K1 Plus TV Box here.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 Quad core 64-bit Cortex A53 Up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta-core Mali-450 Up to 750MHZ, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and Open VG 1.1 support
- OS – Android 5.1.1
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – Nand Flash 8GB ( up to 32GB Optional ) + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet (Gigabit optional), 2.4Ghz 802.11 b/g/n/ Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth 4.0
- Interfaces – HDMI 2.0 (4Kx2K HDMI2.0 , HDCP2), 4x USB 2.0 HOST, 1 x SD card (up to 32GB), 1x AV, 1x SPDIF, 1x RJ45, DC jack ( 12V/1A)
- Video Decoder/ Encoder – 4Kp60 10-bit HEVC, 4Kp30 MPEG / VC-1 / AVS+ / H.264, H.264,[email protected]
- Other Features – DLNA, Miracast, AirPlay, Kodi, Remote controller
- DRM – Playready, Verimatrix, Widewine (Probably not available right now)
- Misc – Power button and LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1A
- Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
- Weight – 158g
New firmware p20x-ota-20151123.183302.V1031 can be downloaded here. What we find in the new firmware of 2015-11-23 update list:
- Solved the main problem with Google Play.
- Other minor bug fixes
How to perform a firmware update in the K1 Plus and other TV Boxes with S905 and beyond. Very easily. Just download the current firmware. Unpack the OTA zip file (p20x–gold–20151123.183302.V1031) on a USB flash drive or microSD card. Update the firmware will be made locally by pointing to file path. You need to select an available application to UPDATE&BACKUP.