The Telechips TCC898x (Alligator) is a System-on-Chip (SoC)with powerful multimedia solution, low power consumption and optimized performance. It is ideal for cost effective multimedia devices with low power such as Smart Stick, IP-Client and STB with 4K 60fps decoding. The TCC898x multimedia application processor is based on Cortex-A53 Quad and Cortex-M4 with a multi-format hardware video accelerator including HEVC and VP9 optimized to reduce power consumption, high-performance 2D/3D graphic engine for 4K resolution GUI and various peripherals to save total costs. Below block diagram.
Telechips TCC898x SoC specifications:
- CPU – Quad core Cortex A53 processor with NEON, TrustZone, 32KB/32KB L1 cache and 512KB L2 cache
- MCU – Cortex-M4 micro-controller
- 2D – Vivante GC420 composition processing core for 4K user interfaces
- 3D – ARM Mali-400MP2
- VPU – Multi-format VPU and 4K VPU with HEVC and VP9 support
- Memory I/F – DDR3/4
- Storage I/F – NAND controller (60-bit ECC), SD/eMMC controller
- Video Output – Display Controller, LVDS transmitter, HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.x, video composite
- Video Input – Yes, but no details.
- Audio – S/PDIF Tx and Rx, 9.1 channels I2S , stereo I2S
- USB – USB 2.0 host, USB 2.0 OTG, USB 3.0
- Gigabit Ethernet MAC
- TS and TS demux (normally used to interface tuners)
- PCIe interface
- I2C, UART, GPSB (General Purpose Serial Bus), SDIO
- Timer/RTC, DMA, IR receiver
The TCC898x supports full compliance with 4K contents security guideline for variable STB application. In addition, Telechips solution enables TCC898x to run stable open Operating Systems such as Linux (HTML5) and Android. The last update to Telechips open source page shows the company released Linux 3.4.45 source code in February 2015.