Recently we wrote about the two new chips shown by Rockchip on CES 2016 – RK3229 and RK3399. One of the known manufacturers Sunchip company (Shenzhen Sunchip Technology Co., Ltd) has prepared a new TV Box called Sunchip CX-R9 which is based precisely on the new SoC Rockchip RK3229. Below is a picture PCBA with RK3229 processor.
Sunchip CX-R9 is equipped with the RK3229 chipset, also supports 4Kx2K @ 60fps and H.265 hardware decoding. TV Box has a Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and runs on Android 4.4.2.
Sunchip CX-R9 TV Box specification:
- Chipset: Rockchip RK3229
- CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7
- GPU: ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Storage: 8GB eMMC Flash + SD card slot
- OS: Android 4.4.2
- Decoding: 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Output: HDMI 2.0
- Connectivity: 10/100Mbps Ethernet, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0,
- Interfaces: HDMI (2.0), DC jack, RJ45 LAN, SD Card slot, 3x USB 2.0, Optical S/SPDIF
- Dimensions: 134 x 117 x 18.5mm
- Weight: N/A
The Sunchip CX-R9 TV Box comes in SoC RK3229 is expected to cost $32 for 1000pcs order. More info can be found on the video below from armdevices.