SolidRun Braswell SOM (System On Module) and SolidPC Q4 Carrier Board. News from SolidRun
SolidRun is a global leading developer and manufacturer of powerful energy efficient System on Modules (SoMs), Single Board Computers (SBCs) and Industrial PCs. You had a chance to read about CuBoxTV and CuBox-i 4×4. SolidRun continues to develop its portfolio and introduces SolidRun Braswell SOM is a Intel Braswell processors into 52.8 x 40mm MicroSoMs that can be plugged into SolidPC Q4 Carrier board.
Braswell SOM (System On Module) is a SolidRun Micro-System on a Module (MicroSoM™). Embedded system product developers and OEMs can easily leverage the advanced capabilities of Intel’s Pentium and Atom (Codename Braswell) line of 14 nm CPUs. With the MicroSoM’s Windows IoT support, sized at just 53mm x 40mm, no-sweat power management, power efficiency, and high-definition graphics capabilities, your time to market will be quicker than ever.
The SOM (system-on-a-module) will be available with a choice of an Intel Atom E8000 or Pentium N3710 processor. Each will be available with between 1GB and 8GB of RAM and between 4GB and 128GB of eMMC storage. Both chips support DisplayPort 1.1a and HDMI 1.4b output, with support for 3840 x 2160 pixel output at 30 Hz or 2560 x 1600 pixel output at 60 Hz.
SolidRun also prepared SolidPC Q4 Carrier Board. SolidRun’s SolidPC Q4 single-board-computer (SBC) and Braswelll-embedded MicroSoM™ is ready to deploy – or can serve as a reference for your own design. The SolidPC Q4 carrier board offers a wide array of wireless and wireline connection interfaces:
- Ethernet – 2 x GbE, one interface with PoE header
- UART – 2 x UART null modem 3.3 V headers
- WiFi/BT – M.2 2230 WiFi and Bluetooth connector
- IR – Remote IR receiver
SolidPC Q4 carrier board key features and ports:
- SoM Model – SOM E8000 or N3710 with up to 8GB DDR3
- Storage – M.2 (2242) SSD Connector
- OS – Support Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems.
- Video Output – 1x Displayport, 1x HDMI 1.4b up to 4k 30fps
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) with PoE option, M.2 2230 Connector for WiFi/BT
- USB – 3×USB 3.0 Host
- 2×UART Headers
- I/O and Misc. Power on Button
- Misc – Reset Button, Infrared receiver, Indication LEDs, battery for RTC
- Power Supply – 7V-21V DC input; Voltage out for carrier board: 2.8A, 2.1A, 1.75A and 1.05A
- Dimensions – 100 × 80mm
This solution can be used commercially as: digital signage players, video analytics and security & medical applications or otherwise. The comapny also prepared enclosure for SolidPC Q4.
Neither product (MicroSOM and SolidPC Q4 Carrier Board) is available for purchase yet, but both are listed as “coming soon.”