Today we want to show you the unboxing of the new TV Box equipped with a new SoC Amlogic S905X called Roofull JAX TV Box. S905X is currently the latest SoC from Amlogic offering (according to specification) better performance than Amlogic S905. Persons who follow our blog know JAX TV Box, we showed it to you for an early-July.
I want to say thanks to Roofull company (SHENZHEN ROOFULL TECHNOLOGY CO, LTD) for sending us a JAX Android TV Box to review. Now JAX TV Box is available on Aliexpress in the official Roofull store for $25.99, Roofull website and also via the Roofull website on Alibaba.com.
JAX TV Box technical specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2GHz (DVFS)
- GPU – Penta-Core Mali-450 up to 750 Mhz ( DVFS) .OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenVG 1.1 support
- Memory – 1GB DDR3 (Optional 2GB)
- Storage – 8GB flash (Optional 16GB) + micro SD card slot (up to 64GB)
- OS – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and AV port
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs:
- VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K2K-60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10-L5.1 up to 4K2K-60fps
- H.264 AVC HP-L5.1 up to 4K2K-30fps
- H.264 MVC up to 1080P-60fps
- MPEG-4 ASP-L5 up to 1080P-60fps(ISO-14496)
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P-60fps
- AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P-60fps
- MPEG2 MP/HL up to 1080P-60fps
- MPEG1 MP/HL up to 1080P-60fps
- RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P-60fps
- Low latency 1080P H.264 60fps encoder
- HDR10 and HLG HDR Video Processing
- Supports .mkv,.mpg,.wmv,.mpeg,.dat,.avi,.mov,.iso,.mp4,.rm and .jpg file formats
- Video/Picture Encoding
- Independent JPEG and H.264 encoder with configurable performance/bit-rate
- JPEG image encoding
- H.264 video encoding up to 1080P-60fps with low latency
- Connectivity – 10/100 Fast Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Interfaces – HDMI, optical S/PDIF port, AV port, RJ45 Ethernet port, IR port, DC jack, 2x USB 2.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, Power LED, Working: Blue; Standby: Red
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
What we find in the box? The box included everything that you need to get started:
- Roofull JAX Android TV Box
- HDMI cable
- Power adapter 5V/2A (EU)
- Remote control (without AAA batteries)
- External IR receiver
- User Manual
The JAX TV Box is made of solid, has a housing made of high quality matte plastic. As we wrote at the beginning of his heart is Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2GHz (DVFS) which supports VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K2K-60fps, H.265 HEVC MP-10-L5.1 up to 4K2K-60fps, H.264, AVC HP-L5.1 up to 4K2K-30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080P-60fps, MPEG-4 ASP-L5 up to 1080P-60fps(ISO-14496) and and HD Audio (7.1CH) passthrough. The front panel has IR receiver and power LED. On one side is a two USB 2.0 ports and micro SD card slot. On the rear panel are: Optical S / PDIFport, AV port, External IR port, HDMI 2.0a port, RJ45 Ethernet port and 5V/2A DC jack.
At the bottom of the device there are warm air outlet. It also has holes to connect the handle (available in kit) for mounting on the rear of the TV. Therefore the manufacturer has joined additional external IR receiver. Below also remote control.
Below we include the Roofull JAX TV Box photos in combination with a matchbox and NEXBOX A95X TV Box, so it was easier to see the size of JAX Android TV Box. As you can see JAX TV Box is as small as A95X.
Below the video where you can look specifically at the JAX TV Box and accessories that are included. Coming soon review.