Recently, the Roku brand has announced the appearance of new streaming devices in an already rich portfolio. Roku Express 4K+, Roku Voice Remote Pro, and Roku Streambar Pro are new devices that appear in May. However, they are now available for pre-order. Additionally, 4K streaming devices will run on the new Roku OS 10.
The new upcoming Roku streaming devices are worth your attention. Therefore, if you have not yet purchased the Roku streaming players, you should definitely do it now. The new devices bring a bit of freshness and new features compared to the previous models found in the Roku portfolio. However, to help you make your decision, we have made a quick overview of the characteristic features of each device.
Roku Express 4K+
The successor of the Roku Express 4K called Express 4K+ introduces some significant changes. In addition to 4K picture and vivid colors in HD, 4K, HDR, and HDR10 HDR10 +, as well as 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi and microUSB, Ethernet compatibility for wired internet connectivity, the new Express 4K+ comes with a Voice remote with TV controls. You can use one remote to power on the TV, adjust the volume, mute, and use Roku Voice to launch channels, search for content and control the streaming experience.
Besides, you can control Roku Express 4K+ by using voice with Alexa or Google Assistant enabled devices. Additionally, it supports HomeKit, which allows users to easily and securely control Roku devices using Siri or the Home app on their Apple devices. Express 4K+ now pre-order for $39.99 (ship May 16, 2021).
Roku Voice Remote Pro
If you have a Roku streaming device (and Roku TV) but your remote does not have a voice feature, you can now purchase the Roku Voice Remote Pro with this feature. Additionally, the new Voice Remote Pro has a rechargeable battery and supports TV controls.
But that’s not all, check out the main features:
- Rechargeable battery: Keep the remote powered for months on a single charge. It works with any standard USB charger
- Lost remote finder: Say “Hey Roku, where’s my remote?” or use the free Roku mobile app (available for iOS and Android) and listen for a little chime to locate everyone’s favorite TV companion.
- TV controls: Power the TV, adjust volume and mute.
- Personal shortcuts: Save favorite voice commands for one-touch control (press and hold after giving a voice command to save).
- Private listening: Don’t wake the house, just plug headphones (sold separately) into the headphone jack and the TV will mute automatically.
- Hands-free: Forget about reaching for the remote. Just say “Hey Roku” and a command to turn the TV on, adjust the volume, control playback, and more without lifting a finger.
- Push-to-talk: Prefer not to have always on listening devices in the home? Leverage the hardware switch to turn off the hands-free voice feature and use push-to-talk voice controls.
Roku Voice Remote Pro you can purchase now for $29.99.
Roku Streambar Pro
Streambar Pro is the successor of the popular Roku Streambar. However, the “Pro” version is longer and comes with a Voice remote with TV controls, personal shortcut buttons, and private listening, Roku headphones, and the new Virtual Surround feature.
Streambar Pro is a 2-in-1 device that has a built-in 4K streaming player with cinematic sound, dynamic bass, and Dolby Audio. If you’ve been thinking about Streambar, Streambar Pro will surely tempt you. In addition to 4K HDR streaming has a virtual surround. However, for a cinematic sound experience, you can expand the Streambart Pro with additional Roku speakers (Roku Wireless Subwoofer and immersive surround sound with Roku Wireless Speakers). More details and on the product page, but you can pre-order Streambar Pro now for $179.99 (ship May 21, 2021).