Rockchip most frequently we associate with known Rockchip RK3368 chipset mounted in TV Boxes. The Rockchip company at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair showed new SoC, but not for TV Boxes only for Smartwatches called RK6321.
- CPU – Two Cortex A5 cores up to 1GHz with 32KB L1 D-cache, 32KB L1 I-cache, and 512KB L2 cache
- GPU – Supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- Memory and Storage I/F – 16-bit LP-DDR2 SDRAM, 8-bit eMMC, 16-bit NAND
- Display I/F – MIPI DSI up to FWVGA resolution (854×480)
- Video / Camera
- 1080p video playback
- 720p30 video recording
- MIPI CSI-2 interface for 8MP YUV/RAW camera
- 2MP front camera I/F
- Cellular Connectivity
- 3GPP Rel-9 HSPA 21/5.8 Mbps, 3G/2G dual-SIM dual-standby dual hot-swap with DvP
- 3G quad-band, 2G quad band SCPA (Single Carrier Power Amplifier), or separate PX’s DCXO (Digitally Controlled Oscillators) support
- Infineon / Intel solution
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, FM radio, and A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS
Below we show a video from armdevices.net, which Charbax recorded at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair. On the video you can see the smartwatch features a Rockchip RK6321 and also A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, with 3G/2G quad-band, supports displays of up to FWVGA, can record 720p videos at 30fps or take 8megapixel pictures from the Smartwatch camera. Smartwatch currently running Android 4.4.4 with Rockchip’s custom Android Smartwatch UI.
Charbax writes:”The smart tracking possibilities for Kids trackers, Old people smart heart monitoring, Advanced fitness watches and a whole Smartwatch category in general, Rockchip with Intel wants to have a big part in that!”. The factory price of the smartwatch in the video is $49.