The first information about the new SoC from Rockchip called Rockchip RK3399 could read in mid-January 2016. RK3399 is a powerful processor with two Cortex A72 cores clocked at up to 2.0GHz, and four Cortex A53 cores teamed with a Mali-T860MP4 GPU. The processor was also support 4K H.265 video decoding up to 60 fps, HDMI 2.0 video output, and Gigabit Ethernet. Rockchip company at the Mobile World Congress 2016 revealed more details about new SoC – Rockchip RK3399.
Rockchip RK3399 main features:
- 4K @ 60fps 10-bit H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoder
- 1080p video encoding with H.264 or VP8
- HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2
- DisplayPort 1.2 and eDP 1.3 with PSR (Panel Self Refresh)
- Dual channel MIPI-DSI
- Camera – 8MP ISP, dual channel MIPI-CSI2
- External Interfaces
- 2x USB 3.0 ports with type-C support
- PCIe 2.1, 4 lanes, 5Gbps per lane
- 8 channels TX/RX audio for playback and record
- Embedded low power MCU for other applications
Is the new processor RK3399 repeat the success RK3368? and when we see the first TV boxes with the new SoC, we still have to wait. This new chip from Rockchip is launched in Q2 2016.