RK3399Pro and RK3229 System-On-Module new Chips from Rockchip at CES 2018
CES 2018 is behind us. Like every CES, also this year CES 2018 abounded in many new products and information. At CES 2018, Rockchip announced two new chips RK3399Pro and RK3229 SOM. Most of you associate the RK3229 SoC, while the new or upgraded version of RK3229 with a System-On-Module (SOM) is powered by Android Things to support peripheral hardware, such as speakers, motors, sensors etc.
RK3229 SOM is optimized for IoT and has key features:
- It is a cost-effective SoM module certified by Google for running Android Things with the Google Assistant . It can be used to for fast mass production of IoT devices and shorten the R&D cycle.
- It is based on the Android Things platform. ODM/OEM/Developers can efficiently access Turnkey hardware/software and benefit product development and innovation.
- Google services: pre-certified Cast and the Google Assistant in the module can greatly speed up development progress and improve stability.
- It has built-in integrated software DSP, supports EQ/DRC audio, and is easier to develop and customize than hardware support.
- It is based on Android Things, which benefits from regular security updates directly from Google.
- It can deeply improve product updates and cost savings by Google OTA upgrade service.
RK3399Pro is a first AI processor from Rockchip, is based on the previously known RK3399, adopts big.LITTLE CPU, Dual-core Cortex-A72, Quad-core Cortex-A53 and Mali-T860 GPU. RK3399Pro AI processor by adopting CPU+GPU+NPU hardware structure. Its integrated NPU (Neural Network Processing Unit) incorporates Rockchip’s technology in fields of vision, voice processing and deep learning etc. RK3399Pro also support dual Type-C interfaces; dual ISPs (each channel supporting a maximum 13 mega pixels); supporting 4096×2160 display output; supporting 8-channel digital microphone arrays input. With respect to software, RK3399Pro supports numerous APIs (Application Program Interface), including OpenGL ES 1.x/2.x/3.1/3.2, Vulkan 1.0, OpenCL 1.1/1.2, RenderScript etc.
Three important features of Rockchip RK3399Pro AI solution:
- High performance AI hardware. RK3399Pro adopted exclusive AI hardware design. Its NPU computing performance reaches 2.4TOPs, and indexes of both high performance and low consumption keep ahead: the performance is 150% higher than other same type NPU processor; the power consumption is less than 1%, comparing with other solutions adopting GPU as AI computing unit.
- Superior platform compatibility. RK3399Pro NPU supports 8bit and 16bit and is compatible with various AI software frameworks. Existing AI interfaces support OpenVX and TensorFlow Lite/AndroidNN API; AI software tool s support the importing, mapping and optimizing of Caffe/TensorFlow model.
- Easily development of turnkey solution. Rockchip provides one-stop AI solution based on RK3399Pro, including hardware reference design and SDK. The solution can increase the AI products R&D speed of global developers and greatly reduce product launch time. It can significantly improve the speed of AI product development for global developers and greatly shorten time to market.
More details about the RK3399Pro below in the brochure.
Source: Rockchip Press Release