Another TV Box with Amlogic S905 this time from Rippl-TV called Rippl-TV V2. Probably most of you remember the first model Rippl-TV. Currently Rippl-TV V2 TV Box is a big change. Above all design, another chipset from Amlogic and Rippl-TV Launcher and also GoogleCast integrated.
New Rippl-TV V2 TV Box looks very aesthetically and elegantly and a little quieter than the previous model. In the inside we find a typical configuration for SoC Amlogic S905, namely 1GB RAM and 8GB flash. What is interesting is the Rippl-TV V2 we have access to 2x Intergrated Launchers, One is AndroidTV Launcher, one is Rippl-TV player. And The Rippl-TV player is one of the most widely used pieces of software in the world built with historic XBMC/KODI ecosystem, making it fully compatible with all add-ons and services. The Rippl-TV Player stands out because it is fully integrated into the operating system.
Rippl-TV V2 specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905 quad core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Penta core ARM Mali-450 GPU up to 750Mhz+
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- OS – Android 5.1.1
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz and CVBS
- Video Codecs – 4K H.264, 4K H.265-10, MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, aVS/AVS+, RealVideo, MJPEG, etc… 3D Blu-ray
- DRM – Widevine Level 1
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A adapter
- Dimensions – N/A
The TV Box will ship with an IR remote control, the power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual. Rippl-TV V2 TV Box comes with many features like GoogleCast, Flow Bar, DRM (Widevine Level 1) to allow HD Playback in all apps etc.