Most of you have already had the opportunity to familiarize with the system of Jide called Remix OS. Remix OS 2.0 (the latest version) can already be found in tablets, Mini PCs / TV boxes and recently in a device All-in-One PC called the AOC Mars. This partnership between AOC International and Jide Technology resulted in the launch of the first all-in-one desktop device with Remix OS. So we have another type devices with Remix OS, whether the same system or modified seen in smartphones? certainly, but we still have to wait a little longer.
The AOC Mars AIO (All-In-One) PC has a 23.8 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel display, an Amlogic S905 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor, and 2GB of RAM. It will be available in two configurations: one has 16GB of storage, and the other has 64GB. It also features a number of input and output options, including two HDMI ports, four USB ports, and an Ethernet jack. Remix OS adds a taskbar, a desktop, and a start menu-style app launcher to Android. It also lets you run most apps in resizable windows that can be positioned anywhere on the screen, allowing you to interact with more than one app at a time.
AOC Mars “M1238B” specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 2.0 GHz
- GPU – penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16 or 64 GB flash depending on model
- Display – 23.8″ display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Video – 2x HDMI ports
- Audio – Stereo speakers, 3.5mm jacks for headphone and microphone
- Connectivity – Ethernet, and probably WiFi and Bluetooth (TBC)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power, volume, menu and back buttons
- Dimensions – 9.9mm thickness, 13.3 mm border width
The computer is expected to ship with Remix OS 2.0 software when it goes on sale in China this summer. Pricing details aren’t available at this time for the AOC Mars computer. But while the All-In-One will likely be more expensive than a plain PC monitor, it’ll likely be more affordable than most All-in-One PCs that run Windows.