At the end of April, UGOOS, the company announced the release of a new firmware update v0.5.0 for UGOOS AM6 and X2 / X3 Families. Recently, UGOOS has released candidate firmware v.0.5.0, and it’s ready for download. The firmware v.0.5.0 introduces many improvements, a list of which can be found below in the changelog. Great news, especially about X3 and player with DolbyVision support.
Availability and price
UGOOS AM6 TV Box you can find at Geekbuying store for $129.99. UGOOS Cube X3 and X2 TV Box you can find at Aliexpress.
More details about UGOOS AM6 and X2/X3 models can be found on the UGOOS manufacturer’s website here.
What changes can we find in the candidate firmware v.0.5.0 for UGOOS AM6 & Cube X2/X3 Families
- Lots of video codec fixes
- Removed video codec fixes setting
- HDMI CEC improvements
- Fixed system crash when pressing Menu frequently
- Fixed issue with no sound after high resolution PCM audio playback
- Removed HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR settings
- Added HDR policy setting
- Fixed problem when automatic frame rate function not available after boot
- Fixes of automatic frame rate function for Dolby Vision
- Reformed automatic frame rate settings
- Added new option for changing resolution by AFR_CALC without enabling main setting
- Fixed button manager issue for some remote controllers
- Added USearch application
- Added UPlayer application with Dolby Vision support
- New CoreELEC build
- Magisk updated
- Changed LED indication:
- active mode: yellow for AM6, magenta for X2/X3 (flashing when remote control buttons are pressed)
- sleep mode: green for AM6, blue for X2/X3
- hibernation: red
- Many other changes for system stability
You can download the Release Candidate Firmware for UGOOS AM6 / X2 / X3 families v.0.5.0 below:
At the moment, the firmware is not yet available in the UGOOS’s download center.