We have good news, from today is available Raspberry Pi 3 Model B for $35. Raspberry Pi 3 third generation has 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A53 quad-core, 64-bit processor, built-in 802.11n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1, and a design that makes it fully compatible with accessories and software designed for older Raspberry Pi devices.
As mentioned earlier on the same day Hardkernel launched its SBC – ODROID-C2 for $40. Raspberry Pi 3 specifications:
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2837 64bit ARMv8 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.2GHz with dual core VideoCore IV GPU @ 400 MHz supporting OpenGL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode. Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- System Memory – 1GB LPDDR2
- Storage – micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 and 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n up to 150Mbps and Bluetooth 4.1 LE (BCM43438 module)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports (with better power management, allowing higher power peripherals), 1x micro USB port for power
- 40-pin GPIO header
- MIPI DSI for Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- MIPI CSI for Raspberry Pi camera
- Power Supply – 5V up to 2.4A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 85 x 56 x 17 mm
You can pick up the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B from Element14 or RS Components for $35. The Pi 3 model for 2016 continues in the tradition of packing more features into the computer while continuing to sell it for the same price. Kano team responsible for Kano Computer Kit for kids (to learn programming), also prepared its own set (includes a keyboard, speaker, and other accessories designed to fit together) with Raspberry Pi 3. Also on Element14 can be found Comprehensive Raspberry Pi 3 Benchmark.