Another day and another TV Box comes with Rockchip RK3328 this time from the Cloud Media company. As you can see, the RK3328 is still very popular, and it is also used by different manufacturers. Cloud Media company responsible for the success Popcorn Hour TV Boxes introduces its new TV Box called Popcorn Hour RockBox Basic TV Box.
It has been a while since there was new Information about the new device from Cloud Media until now. Specification is not a big surprise, and also used SoC, but good that the company decided to introduce into its portfolio TV Box with RK3328 SoC. New RockBox Basic TV Box is equipped with only 1GB RAM DDR3 and 8GB eMMC and the previously mentioned Rockchip RK3328 Soc with Android 7.1.2. Popcorn Hour RockBox Basic is available on the Cloud Media website for $44.90. More details in the specification below.
Popcorn Hour RockBox Basic Android TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – ROCKCHIP RK3328, Quad core Cortect A53 @ up to 1.5GHz
- GPU – Mali-450MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 8GB eMMC
- Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n, Ethernet 10/100
- Video decode – H.264/AVC Base/Main/High/High10 profile @ level 5.1; up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps H.265/HEVE Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.1 High-tier; up to 4Kx2K @60fps VP9, up to 4Kx2K @ 60fps
- Audio decode – MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/AC3/DDP/TrueHD/DTS/DTS/HD/FLAC/APE
- USB – 1 * USB3.0, 1 * USB2.0
- HDMI Out – HDMI Standard HDMI 2.0a@60hz
- Other interfaces – HDMI, RJ45, MicroSD card slot, Optical S/PDIF port, DC in jack
- Power – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
Is 1GB of RAM enough? a little bit but if the OS is well optimized it should be OK. The price of $44.90 is not excessive, but you can find a TV Box with RK3328 with better specifications at a similar price (MX10 TV Box). More details about Popcorn Hour RockBox Basic on the product page.