Recently, UGOOS company has released the announced firmware update v.1.0.4 for its UGOOS UT8 Series. If you are the owner of UGOOS UT8 or UGOOS UT8 Pro, you can install the firmware update very easily via OTA update. You can check it manually in Settings -> About device – > Update.
Availability and price
UGOOS’s UT8 series Android TV Box is now available for sale in several places:
TV Box is shipped with 5V/3A adapter Bluetooth voice remote control with gyro (UR01-BLE), HDMI cable, and 2pcs Antennas.
What changes can we find in the new firmware update v.1.0.4 for UGOOS UT8 RK3568 Series
Changelog v.1.0.4 (details about the previous firmware update v.1.0.3):
- Fixed playback problems with some HEVC videos
- Lots of audio pass-through fixes
- Fixed black screen when changing display orientation
- Added power indicator settings
- Fixed system crash when pressing Menu frequently
- Now music playback does not stop in sleep mode if a Bluetooth or USB audio device is used
- Added reset options menu (About):
- reset Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- reset app preferences
- factory reset
- Return to a previous firmware
- Added option in recovery for return to a previous firmware
- In the system update added an option to get pre-release versions
- Fixed problem with installing Google application
- Magisk updated
- Added UPlayer application
- Many other changes for system stability
As we have already mentioned, you can check the availability of the new OTA firmware update v.1.0.4 manually in Settings -> About device – > Update.