We have good news, there is a new X96S firmware for TV Dongle (.img file) update 20190820. X96S TV Dongle is powered by Amlogic S905Y2.
Availability and price
If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, X96S TV Dongle is now available on Geekbuying for $49.99 (4GB/32GB).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the X96S TV Dongle remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905Y2 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 or 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC or 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.1 output with HDR up to 4K UHD @ 75 Hz
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – Dual-band WiFi AC (aka WiFi 5), and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR expansion jack
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 98 x 33 x 13 mm
The firmware is available as an image file, you can update the TV Dongle using a flash method. The new firmware X96S TV Stick (4GB/32GB) powered by Amlogic S905Y2 (20190820) can be download below. Here you will also find: upgrade tutorial and amlogic tool.
[button color=”green” size=”big” link=”http://www.filefactory.com/file/7f5yyr887njt/X96S_9.0_S905Y2_nav_bar_20082019.zip” icon=”fa fa-download” target=”true” nofollow=”true”]PC Flash Firmware[/button]
If you plan to start a business with TV Boxes, or you need a reliable manufacturer who also offers OEM customization, then you should be interested in the B2GO company offer. B2GO is a Professional Manufacturer of Android TV Box since 2006. More information about B2GO‘s capabilities and services, you can find on their website – www.tvbox-manufacturer.com