The X96 X6 TV Box is another RK3566 Android TV Box that comes with 8GB of RAM. In addition to Android 11, which runs the X96 X6 TV Box, the new TV Box stands out from the competition with its aluminum housing.
X96 X6 RK3566 Android TV Box Overview Features
As it is not hard to notice, the RK3566 Android TV Boxes appear like mushrooms after the rain. Recently, more of these TV Boxes are coming out than with some other chipsets. As we mentioned, the new X96 X6 is powered by the Rockchip RK3566 SoC. This AIoT processor supports a neural network acceleration engine with processing performance up to 0.8 TOPS. In addition to the multimedia functions, the TV Box based on the RK3566 chipset can be used in various development projects (you may be interested in Firefly ROC-RK3566-PC).
It is worth noting that the X96 X6, apart from the aforementioned RK3566 SoC and a large amount of RAM (8GB), is distinguished primarily by a nice alluminum-alloy shell. While the back in addition to various external interfaces we find a Wi-Fi antenna.
RK3566 X96 X6 Specification
New X96 X6 runs on Android 11 OS and supports Dual-Band 2T2TR 802.11ac, Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps, and Bluetooth 4.1. In addition, the device is equipped with 64GB eMMC flash storage. X96 X6 supports 4K @60fps H.265 / H.264 / VP9 video decoding, and, according to the manufacturer, 8K @30fps H.264 video decoding. More deatails below.
X96 X6 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3566 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.8 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52 EE GPU, 0.8 TOPS NPU/AI accelerator
- Memory – 8GB RAM (2/4GB Optional)
- Storage – 64GB (16/32/64/128GB Optional) eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4Kp60
- Video decoding
- 4Kp60 H.264/H.265/VP9
- 8Kp30 H.264
- VC1 up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps
- MPEG-4 up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps
- HDR10 and HLG modes
- Audio – Optical S/PDIF output, digital audio output via HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Front-panel display, RGB LED’s around the top cover
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105*105*20(mm)
- Weight – n/a
Availability and price
[UPDATE 05/26/21] The X96 X6 TV Box is available at the following prices depending on the selected remote control and memory size
Normal infrared control:
- 4GB/32GB – $42.10
- 8GB/64GB – $61.80
- 8GB/128GB – $70.80
Bluetooth remote with voice and gyroscope feature:
- 4GB/32GB – $45.40
- 8GB/64GB – $65.10
- 8GB/128GB – $74.10
This Android TV Box soon will appear in well-known online stores (at Aliexpress from $54 and up). However, if you are a distributor, you can order X96 X6 from Shenzen Eny Technology Co., Ltd now using the business card below.