New UGOOS UM4 Dongle/TV Box with Android 7.1.2 based on Rockchip RK3328 SoC
For a long time we did not have information about new devices from UGOOS until now. Recently UGOOS company has released a new Dongle/TV Box called UGOOS UM4 with the well-known Rockchip RK3328 Soc, probably the new upgraded RK3328 version.
The new UGOOS UM4 in addition to the RK3328 Soc has 2BGB RAM DDR4, 16GB eMMC storage and two USB ports (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 OTG). More details in the specification below. UM4 is the first brand UGOOS device running under Android Nougat 7.1.2 Nougat brings new feelings in TV Box usage. New settings menu – combination of TV settings and standard phone settings looks fresh and more user-friendly for both Remote Controllers and mouse pointers. New animation looks up-to-date, smooth and have good reaction on RC actions. Combination of 4K resolution, H.265, H.264 and VP9 codecs and HDR function make device a reliable all-format media center at home or small office.
UGOOS UM4 Android Dongle Specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-450MP
- Memory – 2GB DDR4
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash (8GB optional) + micro SD card slot up to 32 GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a female port up to 4k @ 60 fps with CEC and HDR support, 3.5mm AV output with composite and stereo audio
- Connectivity – Dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port (USB type A receptacle)
- Misc – 2.5mm IR jack
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 109 x 60 x 20 mm
- Weight – 80 grams
Included with UM4 Dongle/TV Box we find: user manual, power adapter, short HDMI cable, IR remote controller, and an extension cable with IR receiver. Of course, in the new UGOOS UM4 firmware based on Android 7.1.2 we will find familiar features from UGOOS team:
- Root – Root feature gives you access to the entire operating system of your TV Box. Certain applications – Root feature gives you access to the entire operating system of your TV Box. Certain applications requires root rights to operate in system. Be careful while using this feature, application activate it for should be trustful. Device rooted without reboot, but if you want to undo all changes, system will ask to restart device. For managing separate applications, you can choose Supersu installation. Popular function installed on all up-to-date Ugoos TV Boxes. Activate Root access you can in: Settings – Ugoos settings – System – Root.
- File Server – File server (Samba) allows sharing files among different OS devices in local network. This feature was one of the most popular functions on Ugoos boxes based on Android 4.4. and 5.1 based on RockChip and Amlogic SoCs. File server can work via Wi-Fi connection, but if load will be big, may need to use LAN adapter via USB to make this function proceed more effective and fast. In this release new local networks functions were added: NFS client and CIFS client. These functions make shared Windows folders visible in Android system. Samba server available in Settings – Ugoos settings – System – File server.
- Hardware Monitor – Hardware performance visualization is a useful feature if you prefer to control actual work and speed of your device.
Now you can control your Box hardware performance more effectively. We added ability to place animated graphic icons in the upper bar, which can show real time main hardware values.
- Wireless Assistant – Users can control TV Box, play Android games with your mobile device being a wireless game pad and share media resources with Ugoos Box through the application.
You can activate Fireasy assistant from settings menu: Settings – Ugoos Settings – Wireless Assistant.
Mobile application for IOS and Android devices you can download using QR code on the screen or run ugoos.net/remote/
- Gamepad Settings – GS let you extend personalization of your TV Box and get more advantages during gaming process. Just connect you favorite gamepad run Ugoos settings – Gamepad Settings. In upper menu, choose previously connected gamepad and set buttons and axes. Safe and share profiles with your friends who also has Ugoos devices. More about Gamepad Settings in previous posts.
- Debug Settings – Another exclusive option will be useful for developers. Simple switchers let you connect device for application diagnostics using ADB via USB or Wi-Fi. Also Debug settings gives ability to gather Log files during TV Box processing.
In first firmware, we already add some additional functions can be useful for casual usage and digital signage providers:
- Screen rotation – In Display settings, we add simple switcher in case if you need to use unusual screen rotate format. Besides Landscape and portrait format, we also add reversed versions of these positions and original mode to let applications choose rotation by system settings. Screen rotation also available in upper bar like in cellphones.
- Autoframerate – Via playback of many video samples, we concluded that sometimes AFR function in KODI is choosing best options for playback due to different video parameters. For more convenience, we set tree options for Frame Rate:
System resolution, Video resolution priority, Frequency resolution priority, Kodi has their own Frame Rate settings, so these options enabled in other players with using generic codecs.
New UGOOS UM4 TV Dongle is already available at Aliexpress for $89.99 + free shipping.
Source: via UGOOS Blog