Shuttle company (Shuttle Inc.) manufacturer of mini PCs and barebone mini PCs systems this time launches new mini PCs (this is interesting) this time fanless android mini PCs called Shuttle XPC nano NS02A and XPC nano NS02E powered by (well known by us) Rockchip RK3368 SoC. New fanless mini PCs are dedicated for Digital Signage solutions.
Both the XPC nano NS02A and XPC nano NS02E are supplied ready-to-connect and, as well as a soldered-on Rockchip RK3368 octa-core Cortex A53 64-bit processor, they feature 2 GB of DDR3L memory and 16 GB of flash memory. If more capacity is required, the internal 2.5-inch drive slot can be expanded with the PHD5 installation frame (available separately) to hold an additional SSD or hard disk. When it comes to the operating system, both models go with the reliable and widespread Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop).
The NS02A and NS02E differ in one essential aspect – the NS02E is provided without a power supply unit and obtains its power directly via PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) through the network into which it is integrated. By contrast, the NS02A is supplied with power in a conventional way via an external power supply unit. Both models play ultra-high-resolution 4K content (3840 x 2160 pixels) at 60 Hz thanks to the PowerVR SGX6110 graphics processor and HDMI 2.0. This again reflects the field of application the XPC nano NS02A and XPC nano NS02E are intended for as mentioned in the introduction. The appropriate “DS Creator 2.0” software is yet included for this purpose. Using the DS Creator app on your Android device, you can create your own digital signage contents with the default templates, and push the content to the Shuttle XPC NS02 series by WiFi. It makes you easy to create and modify your digital signage content with the signage machine, and cost free of your signage software.
Furthermore, on the back both models have HDMI 2.0, USB 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet with WOL, audio and a Kensington lock. WLAN and Bluetooth are included as well. A card reader is part of the front panel and completes it with two USB ports. Both models can be operated in any position. A VESA mount for monitor or wall mounting is part of the delivery. The machines, which measure just 141 x 141 x 29 mm, do away with any fans at all, which not only makes them completely silent and very low-maintenance, but also suitable for continuous, 24/7 operation. Power consumption of just 4 Watt ensures a particularly high degree of energy efficiency.
XPC nano NS02A and XPC nano NS02E mini PCs specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core Cortex-A53 64-bit SoC with NEON coprocessor, 28 nm HKMG process, Clock speed: 1.5 GHz max.
- GPU – PowerVR SGX6110 GPU, Clock speed: up to 600 MHz, Supports OpenGL ES3.1 and OpenCLES3 Video Hardware Decoder supports:
- 4Kx2K@30fps with H.264 coding
- 4Kx2K@60fps with H.265 coding
- 1080p@30fps with H.264/MVC/VP8 coding
- Note: 4K UHD video playback 60 Hz refresh rate (2160p/60Hz) is only supported with an H.265 decoder
- OS – Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) pre-installed
- Memory – 2GB DDR3L onboard
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC Flash Memory onboard + SD card slot, 2.5″ Drive Bay (optional) Supports one Serial ATA hard disk or one SATA SSD drive in 6.35 cm / 2.5″ format
- Gigabit LAN – LAN chip: Realtek® RTL8211F-CG Supports 10 / 100 / 1.000 MBit/s operation (Gigabit), Supports Wake On Lan (WOL)
- Wireless Network (WLAN+BT) – Chipset: Realtek® RTL8723BS, One internal antenna (1T1R), Supports Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11b/g/n at 2,4 GHz, Max. PHY data rate: 150 Mbps in 802.11n mode , Supports Miracast, Supports Bluetooth 4.0
- Front Panel connectors – 2x USB 2.0, SD card reader (supports SD, SDHC, SDXC), Power button, Power LED (blue), HDD LED (orange)
- Back Panel connectors – HDMI 2.0 supports 2160p/60Hz, USB 2.0, Gigabit LAN (RJ45) – NS02E supports PoE, Audio Line Out / headphones connector, 3.5 mm jack, DC-input connector for external power adapter
- Audio – Audio chip: Realtek® ALC5640-VB, Analog 3.5 mm audio line output for head-phones, Digital audio output via the HDMI connector
- Power adapter – External 24 W power adapter (fanless), Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, max. 0.7 A, Output: 12 V DC, max. 2.0 A, max. 24 W, DC Connector: 5.5/2.5mm (outer/inner diameter) Note: the power adapter is supplied with NS02A only. It is available optionally for NS02E.
- Power-over-Ethernet – NS02E supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) according to IEEE 802.3at, PoE voltage range of the RJ45 connector: 36~57 VDC.
- Chassis – PC system with a black plastic chassis
- Dimensions – 141 x 141 x 29 mm (LWH) = 577 ml
- Weight – 0.27 kg net, 0,65 kg gross
- Hole for Kensington Lock
- 24/7 nonstop operation
- Supports hardware solution for auto power on
- Supports wake-up and shut-down by time setting
- Supports screen rotation
- Supports video output scaler function (zoom in/out)
- VESA mount set (made of steel, includes screws), Supports 75×75 and 100×100 mm
The recommended retail price from Shuttle for the XPC nano Barebone NS02A is EUR 110.00, and for the NS02E it is EUR 120.00 (both prices ex VAT). The NS02A is available from specialist retailers. The NS02E is set to follow in May 2017.
Source: Shuttle Europe