Today we have good news, there is a new firmware for UGOOS UT4 TV Box (version 1.1.2 release). UGOOS team is not idle and releases a new firmware v.1.1.2. Now device is available to update via OTA. The UGOOS company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. All UGOOS devices have excellent support and access to frequent firmware updates. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily on the frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, UGOOS UT4 is available for $103.90 on Aliexpress, Gearbest and Geekbuying.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the UGOOS UT4 remind its specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core up to 1.5GHz (Cortex-A53 64bit) (DVFS)64bits
- Operating System – Android 5.1
- GPU – PowerVR SGX6110 up to 700MHz (DVFS),OpenGL ES3.1, OpenCLES3 and DirectX 9.3
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB Nand Flash + MicroSD(TF) card，Max to 32GB
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (AP6335), Gigabit Ethernet (10M/100M/1000M), Bluetooth 4.0
- Video output – HDMI OUT(1.4 and 2.0 ) to support maximum [email protected]; output(HDCP2.2)
- HDMI Port – Standard HDMI female, v2.0 Support [email protected] Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- Interfaces – 1xHDMI (A type Female): HDMI2.0, Support 4K×2K decode output, 4XUSB Host, 1xSPDIF, 1xTF Card, 1×3.5mm earphone Jack AV Out, 1xRJ45, 1xDC Jack, External WiFi antenna
- Power – DC 5V/3A
- Video decoder – HEVC/H.265 decoder by [email protected],Support up to 100Mbps bit rate, H.264 up to HP level 5.2 :[email protected] (4096×2304), MPEG-4 up to ASP level 5 : [email protected] (1920×1088), MPEG-2 up to MP (and more…)
- Dimensions – 115*115*20mm
- Weight – 0.262 kg
New firmware version 1.1.2 is available via OTA and also can be download here. What’s new:
- Ethernet switcher – This feature let users attach additional USB LAN ports. UGOOS add management tab in Ethernet settings, so now you can activate/deactivate and switch between LAN interfaces in one click. This feature was popular on Ugoos 4.4 Android devices based on RK3288 SoC and now we implemented it for RK3368. Run Ethernet management: Settings – Network – Ethernet
- HDMI color mode – For the majority of different TV screens and monitors device defines HDMI color mode automatically, but, due to some specifics, for a few amount of screen devices we had incapability in parameters. So now, you can manually choose color mode from menu in order to choose appropriate one: Automatic, RGB_0_255, RGB_16_235, YCbCr422, YCbCr444, YCbCr420. Run color mode settings: Settings – Display – HDMI Color Mode
- Auto Frame Rate – Via playback of many video samples, we concluded that sometimes AFR function in KODI is choosing best options for playback due to different video parameters. For more convenience, we set tree options for Frame Rate: System resolution, Video resolution priority, Frequency resolution priority. Kodi has their own Frame Rate settings, so these options enabled in other players with using generic codecs. Run AFR settings: Settings – Display – Autoframerate
Below some screenshots.
Changes from previous version:
- Fixed mount bugs.
- Improved playback.
- Fixed bug when the TV does not show image from hdmi after boot/reboot.
- Applied RKMC patches.
- Added autoframerate settings (Settings -> Display -> Autoframerate).
- Added HDMI Color Mode Settings (Settings -> Display -> HDMI Color Mode).
- Now state of connection to PC is saved after reboot.
- Fixed touch sounds bug.
- Added switcher of Ethernet interfaces (Settings -> Ethernet).
- Gamepad Settings: fixed bug of “Delete Profile” button when there is no connected devices.
- Gamepad Settings: added mouse filter.
- Gamepad Settings: added reaction to connection / disconnection of devices.
- Ugoos Kodi v.16.1.
- Fixed wifi channels bug.
- Hardware Monitor: fixed crash sleep bug.
- Changed boot animation.
- Ugoos UT4 firmware v 1.1.2 full Image
- Ugoos UT4 firmware v 1.1.2 full OTA package
- Ugoos UT4 firmware v 1.1.1 – 1.1.2 increment file
- RKRemoteControl app download here: http://bit.ly/1XFlZdy
Source: UGOOS Blog