Today we have good news, there is a new firmware for UGOOS UT4 TV Box (version 1.0.0 release). UGOOS team is not idle and releases a new firmware v.1.0.0. Now device is available to update via OTA. The UGOOS company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. All UGOOS devices have excellent support and access to frequent firmware updates. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily onthe frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, UGOOS UT4 is available for $103.90 on Aliexpress, Gearbest and Geekbuying.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the UGOOS UT4 remind its specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3368 Octa Core up to 1.5GHz (Cortex-A53 64bit) (DVFS)64bits
- Operating System – Android 5.1
- GPU – PowerVR SGX6110 up to 700MHz (DVFS),OpenGL ES3.1, OpenCLES3 and DirectX 9.3
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB Nand Flash + MicroSD(TF) card，Max to 32GB
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (AP6335), Gigabit Ethernet (10M/100M/1000M), Bluetooth 4.0
- Video output – HDMI OUT(1.4 and 2.0 ) to support maximum 4K@60fps; output(HDCP2.2)
- HDMI Port – Standard HDMI female, v2.0 Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- Interfaces – 1xHDMI (A type Female): HDMI2.0, Support 4K×2K decode output, 4XUSB Host, 1xSPDIF, 1xTF Card, 1×3.5mm earphone Jack AV Out, 1xRJ45, 1xDC Jack, External WiFi antenna
- Power – DC 5V/3A
- Video decoder – HEVC/H.265 decoder by 4k@60FPS,Support up to 100Mbps bit rate, H.264 up to HP level 5.2 : 4Kx2K@30fps (4096×2304), MPEG-4 up to ASP level 5 : 1080p@60fps (1920×1088), MPEG-2 up to MP (and more…)
- Dimensions – 115*115*20mm
- Weight – 0.262 kg
New firmware version 1.0.0 is available via OTA and also can be download here. Changes from previous version:
- Changed display format for CPU and RAM Info (Ugoos Settings). Added icons to status bar.
- Network Usage information can be displayed in the status bar (Ugoos Settings).
- Fixed bug display CPU load in status bar.
- Fixed bug mount/unmount usb storages.
- Added support multiple usb storages.
- Now usb storages with one partition mounted without intermediate folders.
- Added support exFAT file system.
- Fixed bug reading/writing to usb storages on ntfs and ext file systems.
- Fixed bug with sounds from AV output when turn on or reboot box.
- Added screen rotation (Display Settings).
- Fixed bug focus in Launcher3 when hide/show status and navigation bars.
- Now the ability to switch users is available.
- Added multi window mode (Display Settings).
- Added ability to switch launcher with RC in Home Settings
- Updated vpu and gpu libraries.
- Updated UgoosLauncher to ver.1.1.
- Updated RkVideoPlayer.
- Added Ugoos version of Kodi player.
- Other bug fixes
Here are some features and details:
- UGOOS Kodi – The most distinguishing visual part of a new firmware is built-in 16 Jarvis Ugoos style Kodi. UGOOS created brand design for Kodi and implemented Rockchip patches for better playback and performance. Important: Ugoos Kodi comes with OTA, but you will be able to use your add-ons and themes on previous version until you reboot device. If you reflash your device manually using IMG file, Ugoos Kodi will be already pre-installed and ready for using.
- Hardware Monitor – This Feature gives you access to TV Box hardware parts values in real-time. Detailed device statistic in upper bar is already implemented in Ugoos Amlogic series. You can choose type of displayed information: graphical statistic, text values or both. You can activate Hardware monitor in Ugoos settings.
- Screen orientation – Screen rotation feature let use UT4 for a wider amount of non-casual tasks. UT4 becomes more convenient for displaying different types of information. New function let you choose screen positions with six different settings including forced orientation for all applications. Choose screen orientation you can in Settings – Display – Screen orientation.
- Multi-window Mode – UGOOS introduced this function for Rockchip 3288-based devices. Now it’s available for Ugoos UT4. Multi-window turns casual android TV Box theme into PC-like system with task panel and info about used applications as you used to see on Windows or Linux based computers. This feature will be very useful for those people who has interest to display more than one active application at the same time. Turn on Multi-window Mode you can run Settings – Display – Multi Window.
Below some screenshots.
Source: UGOOS Blog
Discussion about this post