At the end of 2015, we reported on release a new TV Box from UGOOS (Ugoos Industrial Co., Ltd.) called UGOOS AM1 powered by Amlogic S905. Today we have good news, there is a new firmware for UGOOS AM1 TV Box (version 0.0.4 release). UGOOS team is not idle and releases a new firmware v.0.0.4. The UGOOS company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. All UGOOS devices have excellent support and access to frequent firmware updates. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily onthe frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, UGOOS AM1 is available for $88.74 on Gearbest and also on Geekbuying for $87.99.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the UGOOS AM1 remind its specification:
- SoC – Amlogic S905
- CPU – 64bit Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Samsung); (In future 4GB versions possibly will appear)
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet (Realtek RTL8211F), 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHZ and 5GHZ ) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6335 module)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/3A 3.5mm DC-in
- Dimensions – 118*118*22mm
- Weight – N/A
- Remote controller switcher – This new features will be a first step to unify remote controllers for Ugoos devices. Now we add two RC to switcher and our customers can check it by themselves. If this option will be useful, we will extend amount of remote controllers and share this solution among brand Ugoos boxes. Run remote controller switcher: Settings – Ugoos settings – Hardware – Remote controller.
- Hardware monitor – Now you can control your Box hardware performance more effectively. We added ability to place animated graphic icons in the upper bar, which can show real time main hardware values:
- Download and upload net speed
- CPU temperature
- CPU speed
- Free/All RAM
You also can choose to show text values or just animated graphics statistics in upper bar. You can exclude or left every value. In order to activate hardware screen visualization run Settings – Ugoos settings – System – HW Monitor.
- Samba Server – File server allows sharing files between different OS devices. This feature was one of the most popular functions on Ugoos boxes based on Android 4.4. and 5.1 based on RockChip SoC. Now it comes to Amlogic devices. Root from the box is available since last firmware in Ugoos settings – System.
Below features screenshots.
Full Changelog v.0.0.4 (10/03/2016):
- Add usb host/otg switch
- Added HW Monitor (network usage, cpu info, ram info)
- Add Samba Server
- Added “dismiss All” button in “Recents Tasks” menu
- Add remote control switcher in settings AM1
- Update Kodi to 16.0
- Enable transfer all file types via Bluetooth
- Add device serial number from emmc serial (System)
- Add firmware version to settings -> about (System)
- Rotation fix UI can’t fresh issue when click by mouse
- Off due problems with black screen (System / hdcp)
- Wrong device name fix AM2 (System)
- Crash fix (Gapps)
- Amlogic commits merged
Source: UGOOS Blog