We have good news, there is a new firmware for ZIDOO X9S TV Box (v1.2.4 release). ZIDOO team is not idle and releases a new firmware v1.2.4 for new ZIDOO X9S. Recently, we received X9S for review (unboxing of ZIDOO X9S here), and already ZIDOO company has prepared a firmware update (nice!). The update is available as a file OTA update (.zip file). The ZIDOO company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily on the frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, ZIDOO X9S is available on Geekbuying for $149 + free shipping (but with coupon code: ZDOX9S $15 Off: $134), Amazon (UK) for £119 or other Amazon stores.
ZIDOO X9S Android TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – Realtek RTD1295 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with floating-point unit and NEON SIMD engine embedded
- GPU – ARM T820 MP3(3-core)
- OS – Android 6.0 + OpenWRT(NAS) dual system run simultaneously
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC
- Wifi Connectivity – IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11AC,4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band) RTK8821 dual-band WIFI
- Ethernet – RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Bluetooth – BT4.0
- HDMI Out – HDMI2.0a output, Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH), support 23.976 and 29.94
- HDMI In – HDMI2.0 input, support PIP, HDMI IN stream recode and stream output via UDP etc…
- Video decode – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching
- Audio decode – Support HD audio(7.1ch) decode and passthrough Redesigned Native player,Blu-ray better compatibility，Powerful subtitles ，Support MVC ISO,MVC MKV. Built in ZDMC(Base on kodi 16.0)
- USB – 1x USB3.0, 2x USB2.0
- Power – 12V/3A
- Other interface – TF card reader SD card interface (Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB), IR receiver, Composite video and audio port (Cvbs output), S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH), SATA3.0, VFD display
- Shell – Aviation Aluminum alloy case in smoke-colored
- Dimensions – 187x127x27mm
- Weight – n/a
- Occasionally failure on the Auto OSD language setting (A CEC function).
- Occasionally invalidation on the Auto Power On From TV setting(A CEC function).
- Abnormally sound recorded from HDMI IN.
- Blurred or unstabble screen of a small number of the HDR videos.
- Some MVC MKV videos not that smooth.
- Black screen occur to some MPEG4 encode videos.
- The BT function issue fixed.
- Subtitle be trimmed when it be moved to the bottom of screen.
- Sometimes the 3D MVC videos displayed as 24Hz but not 23.976Hz in a certain condition.
- Some spelling mistakes of UI revised.
- DVD ISO can’t be controlled by remote for the focus lost(Support DVD Menu).
- Issue of set primary eye on watch 3D video(Change eyesview to Right eye first).
- Some MVC MKV have not be identified rightly as MVC format.
- Videoplayer failed to exit when a error occurred in the meantime play mode set as single cycle.
- A Color Mode Space setting added.(RGB 444,YUV444,YUV422,YUV420)
- Set CEC language function Off as a default setting
- Compatibility of playback improved.
- IOS 10 supported in airplay and air mirror.
- Stability of OPENWRT system improved.
- 3D to 2D function added.
- The default value of character encoding of external subtitle’s will be saved after power off.
- The speed of loading of video improved significantly.
- 25fps and 50fps added in the switch of frame rates.
- The bookmark closed as default.
- The bookmark popup cancelled.
BTW:About the basic picture control function still have some problem. Will be release it in v1.2.5
How to upgrade firmware for ZIDOO X9S, here.