We have good news, there is a new firmware for ZIDOO X9S TV Box (v1.1.26 release). ZIDOO team is not idle and releases a new firmware v1.1.26 for new ZIDOO X9S. Recently, we received X9S for review (unboxing of ZIDOO X9S here), and already ZIDOO company has prepared a firmware update (nice!). The update is available as a file OTA update (.zip file). The ZIDOO company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarily on the frequency and vendor support. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, ZIDOO X9S is available on Geekbuying for $149 + free shipping (presale), Amazon (UK) for £119 or other Amazon stores.
ZIDOO X9S Android TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – Realtek RTD1295 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with floating-point unit and NEON SIMD engine embedded
- GPU – ARM T820 MP3(3-core)
- OS – Android 6.0 + OpenWRT(NAS) dual system run simultaneously
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC
- Wifi Connectivity – IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11AC,4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band) RTK8821 dual-band WIFI
- Ethernet – RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Bluetooth – BT4.0
- HDMI Out – HDMI2.0a output, Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH), support 23.976 and 29.94
- HDMI In – HDMI2.0 input, support PIP, HDMI IN stream recode and stream output via UDP etc…
- Video decode – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching
- Audio decode – Support HD audio(7.1ch) decode and passthrough Redesigned Native player,Blu-ray better compatibility，Powerful subtitles ，Support MVC ISO,MVC MKV. Built in ZDMC(Base on kodi 16.0)
- USB – 1x USB3.0, 2x USB2.0
- Power – 12V/3A
- Other interface – TF card reader SD card interface (Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB), IR receiver, Composite video and audio port (Cvbs output), S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH), SATA3.0, VFD display
- Shell – Aviation Aluminum alloy case in smoke-colored
- Dimensions – 187x127x27mm
- Weight – n/a
- Some 4k vp9 videos show no picture when playback.
- ANR problem occasionally happens when playback.
- Connection failed when there are special characters in SSID of WIFI.
- TV get no signal when deep color switched to 10bit or 12bit.
- Time of chapters are inaccuracy in some BD movies.
- Picture flutter when there are some special video signals in HDMI IN stream.
- Low probability of ANR problem when recording via HDMI in.
- Compatibility of HDR movie improved
- Weather app optimized.
- Filemanager optimized.
- User guide app optimized.
- Add the search capability for download the subtitle.
- Adjust the position of the subtitle.
- Allow to change the character encoding of subtitle.
- Set the default aspect ratio as “fit”-original.
- Allow to clean up the downloaded subtitles.
HDMI IN app:
- Restart the stream server if the network reconnected.
- Give a hint if record failed.
- Stop record when only 100M storage left.
How to upgrade firmware for ZIDOO X9S, here.