Today we have good news, there is a new firmware for UGOOS UM3 and UGOOS UT3S TV Box (version 3.0.6 release) powered by RK3288. UGOOS team is not idle and releases a new firmware v.3.0.6. Now, the device received Android 5.1.1 and many features.
If your device runs v 3.0.4 based on Android 5.1.1 you will get Update via OTA, for other users who decided to update system from 4.4 Android here is the link for full Image (UT3s UM3) and Reflashing Guide. The UGOOS company cares about good relations with users and tries to provide good support their devices. All UGOOS devices have excellent support and access tofrequent firmware updates. It is a very big plus and if you plan to purchase TV Box heed necessarilyonthe frequency and vendor support.
Firmware has new features such as:
- Daydream and Sleep Logic -Separate setting timer for screensaver and for sleep features. You can set only daydream or sleep or both and set appropriate time. Also you can start it from menu via choosing special menu item. Run Daydream: Settings – Display – Daydream
- Gamepad settings – Now you get an ability to simulate axes moves using keyboard. Now you can choose a keyboard in device profile and appoint moves on the buttons you used to for particular gaming experience. Run Gamepad settings: Settings – Ugoos settings – System – Gamepad Settings
- TV Settings – New icons for TV settings menu in order to reach all Ugoos settings quicker. For most frequent-using Ugoos settings, we redraw pages according to TV settings menu style.
- Exfat support – Now you can use attached hard drives and usb flash drives in exfat file system, share files using built-in Ugoos File server and perform other related tasks.
- Screen rotation – Screen rotation feature let use TV Box for a wider amount of non-casual tasks. It becomes more convenient for displaying different types of information. New function let you choose screen positions with five different settings. Forced orientation for all applications added for both vertical (portrait) and horizontal types. Run screen rotation: Settings – Display – Screen rotation
- Hardware Monitor – New icons with activity visualization, so now you can choose if you want to display only icons or icons and text values also. Added network activity and CPU load activity.
Run Hardware Monitor: Settings – Ugoos Settings – System – HW Monitor
What we find in the new version 3.0.6 (20160524), main changes from previous version:
- Fixed bugs with usb-card mount/unmount.
- Added exfat support
- Added Gamepad settings and axes simulation
- Added TvSettings
- Replaced Rockchip Filemanager, added Ugoos Filemanager
- Changed processing logic of Daydream (Screensaver) and Sleep timers.
- Fixed bug with wakeup after sleep. Now device is not going to the suspend mode
- Improved Hardware monitor
- Added icons
- added Network activity
- added CPU load activity
- Added screen rotation support
- Fixed time zone for multi-window mode
- Updated Ugoos Launcher
FIles available here:
Source: UGOOS Blog
Discussion about this post