We have good news, there is a new firmware for U4 Quad Hybrid TV Box with DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2 Tuner powered by Hisilicon Hi3796M processor (update 2016-07-22). U4 Quad Hybrid is available on Aliexpress.com in the Vivant Tech official store for $106.69 + free shipping.
- CPU – Hisilicon Hi3796M quad core Cortex A7
- GPU – Mali-450MP GPU
- Memory – 1GB DDR3-1600 MHz
- Storage – 8GB internal storage and micro SD slot
- OS – Android 4.4
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a up to 4K @ 30Hz + AV port (CBVS)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV and coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Decoding – Up to 4K @30 fps for H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, AVS, VC-1, VP6/8
- DVB-S2 Tuner – Hi3136 demodulator; freq range: 950 to 2,150 MHz; symbol rate: DVB-S: 1~55 Mbps; DVB-S2: 1~44 Mbps; Input level: -65 to -25 dBm; LNB IN connector
- DVB-T2/T/C Tuner – AVL6762 demodulator; freq range: 43 to 1,002 MHz; bandwidth: 6/7/8/1.7 MHz; signal level: -80 to -25 dBm, ANT IN connector
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – 2x LED, IR/LED connector (looks like mini USB)
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 135 x 135 x 33 mm
- Weight – 900 g
We had the opportunity to do a review U4 Quad Hybrid TV Box with DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2 Tuner (review here). Below shortened result.
TV Box require a firmware update and bug fixes. As you can see the company listens to users and prepared several update: updated system for the last available SDK, improved stability, and fixed minor bugs.
New firmware for U4 Quad Hybrid Android TV Box (2016-07-22) can be downloaded here.