We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for Tanix TX8 MAX with WiFi/BT Module: AP6255 (update 20170321) and with WiFi/BT Module: 9377 (update 20161119). This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for Tanix brand, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase Tanix TX8 MAX (3GB /16GB) powered by Amlogic S912. TV Box once again received a firmware update. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, Tanix TX8 MAX Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $64.99 + free shipping and on Gearbest for $66.99.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the Tanix TX8 MAX TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-T820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- Memory – 3GB DDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a
- Audio Output – HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9-10/ and H.265 up to [email protected], H.264, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, and RealVideo up [email protected]
- Audio codecs – MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg, and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.30 x 10.30 x 2.50 cm
- Weight – 167 g
The firmware is available as .img file (requires flash method). New firmware for Tanix TX8 MAX powered by Amlogic S912 can be downloaded here.
- Tanix TX8 MAX with WiFi/BT Module: AP6255 (update 20170321)
- Tanix TX8 MAX with WiFi/BT Module: 9377 (update 20161119)
No information about the changes.