We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for Tanix TX5 Pro (update 20161206) with WiFi/BT Module: AP6255. This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for Tanix brand, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase Tanix TX5 Pro. TV Box once again received a firmware update. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, Tanix TX5 Pro Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $45.68 + free shipping and on Banggood for $50.45.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the Tanix TX5 Pro TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60 fps, AV port
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Video Codecs – VP9 4K @ 60 fps, 10-bit H.265 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 4K @ 30 fps
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.5 x 10.5 x 1.5 cm
- Weight – 140g
The firmware is available as .img file (requires flash method). New firmware for Tanix TX5 Pro TV Box (with WiFi/BT Module: AP6255) powered by Amlogic S905X (update 20161206) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.