We have good news, there is a new firmware for R-TV BOX K99 powered by new Rockchip RK3399 (update 20170302). This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for R-TV BOX K99 Android TV Box, and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase R-TV BOX K99. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, R-TV BOX K99 Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $139.99 + free shipping.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the R-TV BOX K99 TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3399 hexa core processor with 2x ARM Cortex A72 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, 4x ARM Cortex A53 cores
- GPU – Mali-T860MP4 GPU @ 800 MHz with support for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, AFBC (frame buffer compression)
- Memory – 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.1 flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Video Codecs – 4K 10-bit H.265, H.264 & VP9 decoding up to 60 fps
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi (867 Mbps) + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type C port with OTG mode, and DisplayPort 1.2 video/audio support
- Misc – Power button, recovery port
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
- Material – Aluminium alloy & ABS
The firmware is available as .img file for flash method upgrade version. New firmware for R-TV BOX K99 4K TV Box with Rockchip RK3399 (20170302) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.