We have good news, there is a new firmware for R-BOX TV Box (2GB RAM/8GB ROM) Rockchip RK3229 processor (2016-06-27). If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, R-BOX is available on Geekbuying for $34.79 + free shipping. It should also be noted that the manufacturer takes care of updating this model.
- CPU – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and AV output (composite + stereo audio)
- Audio Ouput- HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF (TBC)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports including one OTG capable
- Misc – IR receiver, built-in microphone, power button, reset pinhole, front panel LCD display
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.60 x 11.60 x 2 cm
In the package you will find: TV box, IR remote, HDMI cable, Power adapter, User manual. $34.79 seems to be a reasonable price for the R-BOX, given its good specification.
Firmware is available in two variants:
If you have problems or need support, you can use our forum.androidtvbox.eu. Together we will find a solution.
Discussion about this post