We have good news, there is a new firmware for R-BOX Pro BB2 TV Box with Amlogic S912 (update 2016-09-18). As most of you remember, this is the TV Box with a fairly strong specification with 3GB of RAM. A big plus for the manufacturer for preparing an update for this model. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, R-BOX Pro is now available on Geekbuying for $79.99 + free sipping.
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @up to 750MHz
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Memory – 3 GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a with HDR and CEC support up to 4K @ 60 fps, and AV port for composite output
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV (stereo audio), and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9-10 profile 2 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.265 [email protected] up to 4K 60fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4, WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP, AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile, MPEG-2 MP/HL, MPEG-1 MP/HL, and RealVIDEO 8/9/10 all up to 1080p60
- Audio codecs – MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg, and support for 5.1 down-mixing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6330 module)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, LEDs backlight
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 12.3 x 12.3 x 2.5 cm
- Weight – 230g
The firmware is available in PC version (requires flash method). New firmware for R-BOX Pro TV Box with Amlogic S912 (2016-09-18) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.
If you have problems with the TV Boxes, or you do not know how to do the upgrade, use our Forum forum.androidtvbox.eu. Together we will find a solution.