We have good news, there is a new firmware for QINTAIX Q912 TV Box with Amlogic S912 (update 20160909). Recently, we received Q912 for review, and already Qintex company has prepared a firmware update. The update is available as a file OTA update (.zip file). The company also in .zip file, placed the installation guide (big plus!). Certainly in QINTAIX Q912 review we will use the new firmware. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, QINTAIX Q912 TV Box is available in the Official Qintex store on Aliexpress.com for $72 + free shipping.
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the QINTAIX Q912 we remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S912 Octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @up to 750MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a and AV ports
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9 profile 2 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.265 [email protected] up to 4K 60fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4, WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP, AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile, MPEG-2 MP/HL, MPEG-1 MP/HL, and RealVIDEO 8/9/10 all up to 1080p60
- Audio codecs – MP3, AAC, RM, FLAC, Ogg, support for 7.1/5.1 down-mixing; dual stereo output
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power button, front panel LCD display, LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Power consumption – 5 watts typical; less than 0.02W in standby mode (TBC)
- Dimensions – 15.5 x 10.7 x 2.2 cm
- Weight – N/A
New firmware for QINTAIX Q912 with Amlogic S912 (20160909) can be download here.
- Solve problems with WiFi signal.
- Improvements in KODI fixes errors when returning to the home screen.
Discussion about this post