We have good news, there is a new firmware (.img file) for MXQ R9 (update 20170727) powered by Rockchip RK3229. This is a big plus for the manufacturer responsible for MXQ R9 (probably Unuiga), and this is a good news for all who choose to purchase this TV Box. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MXQ R9 Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $34.99 (1GB/8GB).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the MXQ R9 TV Box remind its specification:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2) up to 4K2K @ 60 fps, and 3.5mm AV output (composite)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 100Mbps Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Interfaces – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1 x RJ45 LAN, DC jack, SD Card slot, AV port, Optical S/SPDIF
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.8*11.8*2.5cm
- Weight – 0.7kg
Full specs here
The firmware is available as .img file (requires flash method). New firmware for MXQ R9 TV Box with Rockchip RK3229 (update 20170727) can be downloaded here. No information about the changes.