We have good news, there is a new firmware for MECOOL BB2 TV Box with Amlogic S912 (update 2016-09-09). A big plus for the manufacturer MECOOL BB2 TV Box that also finally released the update. The manufacturer has prepared two versions of the firmware: PC (requires flash method) and SD (just burn the files to the SD card or USB stick). If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MECOOL BB2 is available on Geekbuying for $54.99 + free shipping (Promo) and on Gearbest for $69.42.
- CPU – Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3 @ up to 750MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a
- Audio Output – HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Video codecs – VP9-10/ and H.265 up to [email protected], H.264, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, and RealVideo up [email protected]
- Audio codecs – MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg, and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.9 x 10.9 x 2.1 cm
- Weight – 230 g
As we said at the beginning of the firmware is available in two versions: PC (requires flash method) and SD (just burn the files to the SD card or USB stick). New firmware for MECOOL BB2 TV Box with Amlogic S912 (2016-09-09) can be downloaded here:
No information about the changes.
If you have problems with the TV Boxes, or you do not know how to do the upgrade, use our Forum forum.androidtvbox.eu. Together we will find a solution.