Recently, the Humax brand announced new firmware 9.21 for its Aura UHD Android TV Recorder with Freeview Play. New firmware for Humax Aura brings a whole host of features, an enhanced user experience and bug fixes.
Humax Aura UHD Android TV Recorder is a multimedia home entertainment device based on Android TV 9.0. Supports Live TV (Freeview Play Recorder) / IPTV, streaming services and other Android TV OS functionalities. In addition, the device has a built-in HDD storage with a capacity of up to 2TB, which can easily accommodate recorded video content. You can find more about the functionality of Humax Aura here.
Availability and price
You can purchase Humax Aura 4K Android TV Recorder with Freeview Play directly via Humax’s website for £249 (with 1TB HDD) and up.
What we find in the New 9.21 Firmware for Humax UHD Android TV Recorder/ Changelogs
Humax has confirmed the availability of the Apple TV app on its device. In addition, Sky’s separate on demand and contractless subscription service NOW can be viewed on Aura through Chromecast.
New Features, Fixes & Improvements below:
- Upgraded ‘Top Picks’ and ‘Now & Next’ guides – AURA now includes a more dynamic Top Picks recommendations guide and Now & Next section with enhanced menus that are easier to navigate.
- Quick access to recent apps – Recently-opened apps are displayed by holding down the Apps key, providing fast access to frequently-watched content.
- Audio options in setup wizard – The initial setup wizard guides users through the audio options available and selects optimal surround sound settings.
- Lip sync outside of live TV – Users can adjust lip sync settings in their favourite apps such as YouTube or Amazon Prime Video.
- Audio delay improvements –There is now an option to delay audio by negative milliseconds, enabling improved video synchronisation.
More New 9.21 Firmware features
- Additional audio passthrough formats – Support for audio formats such as DTS, DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD (with Atmos) through compatible surround sound setups has been added.
- Audio output configuration – TV: Always 2 channel PCM, Optical or HDMI ARC : Dolby Digital 5.1CH, Home Cinema via HDMI : Full passthrough up to 7.1CH
- Media player compatibility – Now supports audio passthrough and audio delay in other media players for improved compatibility, such as VLC, Kodi and PLEX.
- Video upscaling – Improved video upscaling sharpens edges and reduces blur for a more defined video performance.
- Colour settings menu – The settings option now shares a similar look and feel with other menus.
- Updated standby LED option – This option allows users to turn off the deep standby LED.
- S/AD Dialog UI – Quick access to current audio and video output status, and select optimal settings for content.
- Bug Fixes – Audio Dropout in Recording Playback, Audio Loudness Adjustment for PCM & Passthrough, Video Juddering in GCN app, German ARD and ZDF player, No Audio When Changing From AD to Program, Randomly Returning to Beginning, Loading Catchup Events After Manual Scan, Ethernet not connected When Wi-Fi is Off, DLNA Server Does Not Work After Formatting Hard Disk When FTP is Off
Firmware update 9.21 for Humax Aura
Besides, you do not need to perform any additional actions, the firmware is available as OTA update. You just need to approve the update, that’s it.
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]