We have good news, there is a new Android 9.0 firmware (.img file, interface indicates that the device model is A5X MAX.p.01.d4, otherwise it can not be upgraded to Android 9.0) for A5X MAX TV Box (update 20181128) with 4GB / 32GB powered by Rockchip RK3328. This is good news for all who choose to purchase A5X MAX TV Box powered by Rockchip RK3328. If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, A5X MAX Android TV Box is now available on Geekbuying for $49.99 (4GB/32GB).
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the A5X MAX TV Box remind its specification:
- Chipset – Rockchip RK3328
- CPU – Quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – Mali-450MP GPU
- Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash + SD card (up to 128GB)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support, 3.5mm AV port with composite video and stereo audio an SPDIF port
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264. 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 11.20 x 11.20 x 2.20 cm
- Weight – 200g
New Android 9.0 firmware for A5X MAX TV Box (the device model is A5X MAX.p.01.d4, otherwise it can not be upgraded to Android 9.0) with Rockchip RK3328 (20181128) can be downloaded here. In addition to the firmware, you need A5X MAX Flash Guide, Android Tool_Release_v2.59, Driver Assistant_v4.5, Factory Tool_v1.63.