We have good news for you. A major OTA firmware update is available for Google Chromecast with Google TV. Chromecast with Google TV is one of the most popular and inexpensive certified 4K streaming devices on the market.
The new version based on Android TV 10 is QTS1.210311.005 and if it has not been installed automatically (OTA firmware update) go to Settings> System> Information> System update> Check for updates. You may not skip the update the first time, but you can force it by clicking Check for Updates multiple times. The changes and improvements of this update are multiple, it has a size of 166 MB and it also includes the Google security patch of April 5, 2021.
What changes bring new OTA firmware update for Chromecast with Google TV
- Advanced Vido Controls setting for granular HDR formats, resolution/refresh rate, and color formats.
- HDMI hotplug improvements helping your Chromecast detect the best TV Settings available.
- Wi-Fi improvements for 5Ghz and Mesh networks.
- Bluetooth Audio stuttering improvements in some apps.
- HDMI-CEC can now be configured to turn on/off only the TV in settings.
- Security update: Android security patch level to April 2021.
Alternative Google Certified Android TV Streaming Devices
However, if you are not satisfied with Google Chromecast below, we have two certified devices for you that may be of interest to you.