MXQ TV Box is the most well-known TV Box. It has now been refreshed and called MXQ Pro. MXQ Pro is equipped with Amlogic S905 chipset which is increasingly being installed in new TV Boxes. S905 supports UHD 4K @60fps HW decoding, multiple formats including H.265/HEVC 10-bit, H.264, AVS+ and also FHD 1080p @ 60fps HW encoding, H.264 also offers DTS & Dolby audio passthrough.
MXQ Pro has also HDMI 2.0 (with HDCP 2.2) and runs on Android 5.1. TV Box is available in presale on Geekbuying for $54.99 (shipping is only scheduled for November 30) and also is available on Aliexpress for $52.13. Good value for money.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta-core Mali-450MP Up to 750MHZ, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and Open VG 1.1 support
- Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash + SD card slot
- OS – Android 5.1
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0, AV
- Video Codec – [email protected] Hz video decoding 10-bit HEVC and AVS+ codec support; H.264 up to 4K 30 Hz
- Audio – HDMI, AV, coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A