After the recently unveiled NEO J50C-8SE Mini PC, the MINIX brand comes with another Windows Mini PC. MINIX NGC-5 is another Mini PC from this manufacturer, powered this time 8th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor. In addition, the NGC-5 Mini PC offers many possibilities of work, even with a 4G LTE modem.
Availability and Price
MINIX NGC-5 Mini PC you can find on Aliexpress in the official MINIX store for $688.68 (8GB RAM / 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD)
MINIX NGC-5 Mini PC Overview Features
As mentioned, the NGC-5 Mini PC is powered 8th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor, namely the Intel Core i5-8259U chip. If you follow our blog, you could certainly see Mini PCs powered by this processor, including the GMK NucBox2, or the Beelink GTI. It is also worth mentioning that the device gives the possibility to expand RAM from 8GB RAM DDR4 to 32GB, as well as storage from 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD to 2TB. In addition, you can expand the Mini PC with a 4G-LTE modem and use the Nano SIM card slot on the board.
Besides, MINIX NGC-5 supports Dual-Band WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, and 2x Gigabit Ethernet. In addition, the device supports 4K @ 60Hz triple display via HDMI 2.0a, DisplayPort 1.2 and USB Type-C. Interestingly, the Mini PC also has an RS232 COM port. Besides, the device runs on Windows 10 Pro OS. The specification can be found below.
MINIX NGC-5 Mini PC Specification
- CPU – Intel Core i5-8259U (up to 3.80 GHz) Coffee Lake processor @ 2.30 GHz / 3.80 GHz (Turbo), TDP 28 W
- GPU – Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
- OS – Windows 10 Pro
- Memory – 8GB LPDDR4 up to 32GB (2x SODIMM slot,2400/266MHz)
- Storage – 256GB M.2 NVM2 SSD up to 2TB, M.2 2280 SATA/NVMe socket, MicroSD card reader
- Video Output – 2.0a (4K @ 60Hz), DisplayPort 1.2 (4K @ 60Hz), USB-C ([email protected])
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone+mic jack, HDMI, DisplayPort, Optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet port, Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, and Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 4x USB 3.1 ports
- Power Button
- COM pin on board
- RS232 COM port
- Kensington lock
- Nano SIM card slot
- Probably BIOS with support for Wake on LAN, PXE, BIOS One-Step Reset, Auto Power on, RTC wake up
- VESA mount
- Power Supply – DC 19V, 3.42A
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
If you are wondering whether the MINIX NGC-5 is a fanless Mini PC, we are here to help. The new MINIX’s Coffee Lake Mini PC has active cooling. The windmill is located on the underside of the board.