MINIX NEO X39 Smart TV Box is a new (or maybe not necessarily) powerful Android TV Box from MINIX brand, which After a long wait, it has been on sale for some time. The first mention of NEO X39 TV Box appeared at the end of 2018 during IFA 2018, so quite a long time ago.
Availability and price
As we mentioned, the NEO X39 TV Box is available for sale and you will find it in the MINIX Official store on Aliexpress for $178.10, $192.95 with A2 Lite air mouse with keyboard, and for $197.90 with new NEO A3 air mouse with keyboard.
MINIX NEO X39 has a powerful chipset known from other models, specifically Rockchip RK3399 SoC. This is not the only powerful TV Box in the MINIX portfolio. Recently, MINIX has launched a new model called MINIX NEO U22-XJ also equipped with a powerful chipset Amlogic S922XJ SoC (variation of the Amlogic S922X SoC).
MINIX NEO X39 Overview Features
NEO X39 TV Box has a well-known aluminum housing from previous models. In addition to the said RK3399 SoC comes with 4GB RAM DDR4, 32GB eMMC, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac 2x 2 MIMO Dual-Band, Bluetooth 4.1. The MINIX NEO X39 runs on Android 7.1.1. NEO X39 TV Box is a 4K Ultra HD industrial Android Player designed exclusively for digital signage / commercial usage, but also can typically be used as an Android Media Player in a home entertainment center. More details below.
MINIX NEO X39 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3399 dual-core Cortex-A72 + quad-core Cortex-A53,
- GPU – ARM Mali-T860MP4 GPU with support for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11
- OS – Android 7.1.1
- Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.1 + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – HDMI digital audio output, optical S/PDIF output, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Video Decoding – H.265 4096×2304 @ 60fps, H.264 4096×2304 @ 60fps (TBC), VP9 4096×2304 @ 60fps, MPG4 1920×1080 60fps, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4,H.263, H.264, AVS, VC-1,RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual band 802.11 b/g/b/ac WiFi 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
- USB – 1x USB3.0 host port, 3x USB2.0 host ports, 1x USB Type-C port (4K2K @ 60 Hz)
- Misc – IR receiver, power button
- Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a