MINIX NEO X39 Android TV Box powered by RK3399 coming soon
At the IFA 2018, the MINIX company showed several new devices. In addition to the new Windows Mini PC (MINIX NEO J50C-4, MINIX NEO N42C-4), which appears in the MINIX portfolio more and more, there is a new Android TV Box called MINIX NEO X39 powered by powerful Rockchip RK3399 SoC.
The MINIX company is one of the leaders on the Mini PC & Android TV Box market, therefore the appearance of the TV Box with RK3399 SoC was only a matter of time. The MINIX NEO X39 as mentioned has one of the most efficient SoCs available on the market, which works great in games, video playback and stable work. Also in the benchmark RK3399 SoC makes a stunning impression compared to other popular SoCs. The NEO X39 comes with 4GB RAM DDR4, 32GB eMMC, Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac 2x 2 MIMO Dual Band, Bluetooth 4.1. The MINIX NEO X39 runs on Android 7.1.1. More details below.
MINIX NEO X39 Android TV Box specifications:
- CPU – Rockchip RK3399 dual-core Cortex-A72 + quad-core Cortex-A53,
- GPU – ARM Mali-T860MP4 GPU with support for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11
- OS – Android 7.1.1
- Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.1 + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – HDMI digital audio output, optical S/PDIF output, 3.5mm Audio jack
- Video Decoding – H.265 4096×2304 @ 60fps, H.264 4096×2304 @ 60fps (TBC), VP9 4096×2304 @ 60fps, MPG4 1920×1080 60fps, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4,H.263, H.264, AVS, VC-1,RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual band 802.11 b/g/b/ac WiFi 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
- USB – 1x USB3.0 host port, 3x USB2.0 host ports, 1x USB Type-C port (4K2K @ 60 Hz)
- Misc – IR receiver, power button
- Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
At the moment we do not have information about availability and price. We hope that soon NEO X39 Android TV Box will be available in popular online stores.
Photo source: HDBlog Youtube video