MINIX company recently unveiled at IFA 2016 in Berlin, one of your devices mini PC called MINIX NEO Z83-4 powered by Intel X5-X8300 Cherry Trail. Another device which MINIX showed at IFA 2016 is Android TV Box called MINIX NEO U9-H.
The NEO U9-H is equipped with Amlogic S912-H. This is a good message for all fans of MINIX, and also us. As you can see well and MINIX has in its portfolio with a new TV Box with Amlogic S912 (S912-H). The NEO U9-H TV Box runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Below specification.
- Chipset – Amlogic S912-H
- CPU – octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-820MP3
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC, HDCP 2.2, and HDR/HDR10 support
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, 3.5mm headphone jack, 3.5mm microphone jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR receiver, power button, security lock
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
For more information and how to design a MINIX NEO u9-H you can be seen on the video recorded by HDBlog.it at the IFA 2016. HDBlog also mentioned the box should be ready mid October, and expects the price to be around 150 Euros, likely including an air mouse, and VAT.