We have good news, there is a new MINIX NEO U22-XJ Firmware v006A (PC upgrade /.img file and OTA update) update 20210203 (also rooted version). MINIX NEO U22-XJ is a powerful TV Box powered by Amlogic S922X-J SoC (review here).
Availability and price
The MINIX NEO U22-XJ now is available at:
For those who have not yet had an opportunity to look at the MINIX NEO U22-XJ TV Box remind its specification:
- CPU – Amlogic S922XJ Hexa-core processor with Quad-Core Cortex-A73 + Dual Core Cortex-A53 (64bit)
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52MP4 GPU
- Memory – 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage – 32GB eMMC 5.1 flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1 output up to 4Kp60 with HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision support
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, optical S/PDIF, HDMI digital audio
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11ac WiFi 5 2×2 MIMO with external WiFi antenna, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB-C OTG port for data transfer only
- Misc – Power button & LED, Kensington lock ready, IR receiver, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 5VDC/3A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 128 x 128 x 28 mm
- Weight – 0.912 kg
MINIX NEO U22-XJ Firmware V006A
As we said at the beginning, the firmware is available as an OTA update and PC upgrade via .img file.
OTA Firmware Update for NEO U22-XJ – V006A_20210203 – You can find it by going to the FOTA Update app. Click the device will find, download, and install the latest firmware that’s all.
NEO U22-XJ 003FW for Manual Installation / PC upgrade – You must use Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.2.0
The new firmware V006A (also rooted V006A) .img file / PC upgrade for MINIX NEO U22-XJ TV Box with 4GB and 32GB RAM powered by Amlogic S922X-J SoC (update 20210203) can be download below
- Removed Root Switch
- Fixed Ethernet
- Fixed NEO A3 Voice Input