Long time did not heard about the new devices from MINIX until today. MINIX recalls its presence on the market for a new TV Box called MINIX NEO U1. NEO U1 TV Box also called MINIX Media Hub for Android has been equipped with Amlogic S905 processor.
Is MINIX NEO U1 repeat the success of Neo X8-H, this question probably get an answer in a few months. Whereas NEO U1 64-bit Quad Core Media Hub for Android will be available in next Friday (December 4, 2015) for $129.90 on their Amazon store, and other official resellers. New model include 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac 2 x 2 MIMO Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5.0GHz), combining both an internal and external antenna to accomplish lightning-fast, flawless streaming. In addition, NEO U1 has a Kensington lock.
- CPU – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta-core Mali-450MP Up to 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 5.1.1
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDMI CEC support
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, and 3.5mm headphone and microphone jacks
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (2×2 MIMO) and Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver, Kensington lock ready
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
First Media Hub for Android from MINIX to support video output up to 4K @ 60Hz runs on Android 5.1.1 as the other model with S905.
Specifications similar to the Ugoos AM1 TV Box.