TV Boxes with Amlogic S905 are getting more and more popular and now more frequently reported on blogs. On androidtvbox.eu recently presented unboxing and review Beelink Mini MX with Amlogic S905. Today we want to show you the unboxing of the new TV Box from MINIX called MINIX NEO U1. MINIX is well known to most of you, a manufacturer of high quality TV Boxes and mini PCs. The company is responsible for the success of devices like MINIX NEO Z64 and MINIX Neo X8-H Plus. I want to say thanks to MINIX for sending us a MINIX NEO U1 with MINIX NEO A2 Lite to review.
If someone has not yet decided or are planning to buy, MINIX NEO U1 media HUB is available on Geekbuying for $129.90 and $149.90 with MINIX NEO A2 Lite Air Mouse, on Amazon and Gearbest. NEO A2 Lite air mouse is also sold separately for $29.99.
MINIX NEO U1 is a very well and aesthetically made TV Box, with great attention manufacturer of quality workmanship and materials. As we said at the beginning of his heart is Amlogic S905 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz processor which supports UHD 4K @60fps HW decoding, multiple formats including H.265/HEVC 10-bit, H.264, AVS+ and also FHD 1080p @60fps HW encoding, H.264 also offers DTS & Dolby audio passthrough. Device also has Kodi Jarvis, Gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2×2 MIMO). NEO U1 TV Box runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and has external wifi antenna.
MINIX NEO A2 Lite is a combination of air mouse and QWERTY keyboard. It looks very interesting compared to typical remote control and other air mouse with keyboard. Main Features:
- Operating range up to 10 Meters
- Six-axis gyroscope & accelerometer
- Spacious Keyboard
- Require 2x AAA battery
- USB Plug-and-Play micro-receiver
- Built-in Sleep Function
- Low voltage indication function – LED will flash when battery goes below 2.2V
- Ergonomic design
- Advanced power management
- Multi-OS support (Android / MAC OS / Windows / Linux)
MINIX NEO U1 Technical Specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz
- GPU – Penta-core Mali-450MP Up to 750 MHz
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- OS – Android 5.1.1
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.0 flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDMI CEC support
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, and 3.5mm headphone and microphone jacks
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (2×2 MIMO) and Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver, Kensington lock ready
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Dimensions – 12.7 x 12.7 x 2.2 cm / 4.99 x 4.99 x 0.86 inches
- Weight – 0.278 kg
What we find in the box? The box included everything that you need to get started:
- MINIX NEO U1 Android TV Box
- HDMI cable
- Dual-Band Antenna
- Power adapter 53/2A (EU)
- Remote control (without AAA batteries)
- OTG cable
- USB cable
- User Manual
- Product Brochure
MINIX NEO A2 Lite Technical Specifications:
- Remote Control Operating Range – 10 meters
- Audio Input Range – 5 meters
- Battery – 2x AAA batteries (not included)
- Frequency – 2.4GHz Wireless
- Operating Voltage – DC 3V
- Operating Current – 25mA/55mA (audio function turned on)
- Standby Current – 50uA
- System Requirements – PC with USB Port
- Compatibility – Windows, OS X, Android, Linux
- Color – Black
What we find in the box?
- MINIX NEO A2 Lite
- USB Receiver
- User Manual
- Product Brochure
The MINIX NEO U1 case is made of good quality not shiny plastic. On the front panel there is an IR receiver with power LED. On one side is Power button, 3x USB 2.0 host ports, a micro SD slot, a Kensington lock and a micro USB OTG port. On the rear panel is 2x 3.5 mm jacks for speakers and microphone, HDMI 2.0 port, optical S/PDIF, Gigabit Ethernet and DC jack. On another side is WiFi antenna connector.
At the bottom of the device you see recovery button and in the four corners of the small rubber to prevent slipping device. Below also MINIX NEO A2 Lite.
MINIX NEO U1 can also be classified into small TV Boxes (measures 12.7 x 12.7 x 2.2 cm). Below pictures NEO U1 TV Box compared to matchbox.
Below the video where you can look specifically at the MINIX NEO U1 with MINIX NEO A2 Lite and accessories that are included. Coming soon review.
We could not resist the temptation and apart from unboxing, we have made the first start MINIX NEO U1. The main screen (MINIX Launcher) look very simple, user-friendly and easy to use. Below a few screenshots.