Another revelations about a new device from Xiaomi. In addition to Redmi Pro smartphone, Chinese device maker unveiled the first laptop in its portfolio called Mi Notebook Air.
We have seen many devices from Xiaomi, finally came time for the laptop, at first glance resembles the Apple MacBook Air. Xiaomi has prepared two versions of Mi Notebook Air. Mi Notebook Air will with a screen of 12.5 inch and 13.3 inch.
Mi Notebook Air 13.3″:
- Intel Core i5 processor, runs Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM + 256GB PCIe SSD, expandable SSD slot
- NVIDIA GeForce 940MX dedicated graphics card
- 9.5-hour battery, 50% charge in 30min
- Lightweight full metal body, weighs just 1.28kg
- Elegant logoless design, personalize with stickers
- Supports Mi Cloud Sync and Mi Band unlocking
- Priced at RMB 4999 (Approx. USD 750)
Mi Notebook Air 12.5″
- Sized like a magazine, just 12.9mm thin
- Full metal body, only weighs 1.07kg
- Intel Core M3 processor, 11.5-hour battery
- 4GB RAM + 128GB SATA SSD, expandable SSD slot
- 1080p FHD screen, edge-to-edge protective glass
- AKG custom dual speakers, Dolby digital surround sound
- Priced at RMB 3499 (Approx. USD 525)
Mi Notebook Air with 13.3″ screen measures 0.6 inches thick, weighs about 2.8 pounds, and features an Intel Core i5-6200U processor and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics. It has 8GB of RAM, 256GB of PCIe solid state storage, and a 40Wh battery that Xiaomi says is good for up to 9.5 hours of run time. The 12.5 inch Mi Notebook Air measures 0.5 inches thick, weighs about 2.4 pounds, and features an Intel Core M3 processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SATA SSD. It has a USB 3.0 port, an HDMI port, and a USB Type-C port. Xiaomi says the laptop should get up to 11.5 hours of battery life.
Both sizes of the Mi Notebook Air feature Full HD displays (1,920 x 1,080 pixels). That equates to a pixel density of 176 pixels per inch (ppi) on the 12.5-inch model and 165 ppi on the 13.3-inch model. Compare this to 130 ppi on the 13-inch Macbook Air and 142 ppi on the 11-inch model and you’re getting a more pixel dense display.
Both Mi Notebook Air sizes will be available in silver or gold and both can be unlocked via Bluetooth by the Mi Band 2. There are official sticker accessories to personalize the plain metallic shell and you can buy into a bunch of other sleeves and cases in leather, PU leather or microfiber. Mi Cloud Sync ties both laptops into the Mi software ecosystem so you can easily sync contacts, messages, calendars and more.
Xiaomi’s first laptops will be available in China starting August 2nd. Xiaomi hasn’t announced plans to sell them in any other markets yet.
Discussion about this post