We recently had the opportunity to present the new Intel Compute Stick. Today we present known model MeegoPad but in a new version called MeeGoPad T02.
The main problem MeeGoPad is based on Windows licenses beacause MeeGoPad T01 shipped with an unlicensed version of Windows, which means users had to either replace the OS or pay extra to upgrade to a full version. Now MeeGoPad is back with a new model that’s priced competitively, and which shouldn’t have the same licensing issues as its predecessor.
Like other PC sticks, the MeegoPad T02 is designed to be plugged directly into the HDMI port of your TV or monitor. Turn on your display, connect a power source, keyboard, and mouse and you can basically turn any screen into a full-fledged PC.
Let’s look at the MeeGoPad T02 PC Stick specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics Gen 7 (2W TDP)
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4, 1x audio jack
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port.
- Dimensions – 110 x 43 x 9.9mm
- Weight – 48 grams
- Two full-sized USB ports, instead of just one.
- Audio output to connect speakers or headphones
- Better Cooling. New housing design using “nanometre material for heat radiation”
- T02 should also be slightly larger (4mm extra) compared to T01.