The new MT9638 chip (Quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 64-bit CPU, up to 1.5GHz frequency), is designed for TV manufacturers to create highly competitive products with global applications. The MT9638 combines a high-performance, multi-core CPU and APU (AI processing unit), a wide memory bus, a modern GPU, and a number of image and audio enhancement tools.
Mediatek MT9638 4K Smart TV SoC Overview Features
MT9638 chip can decode 4K content (AV1, HEVC, VP9), supports Dolby Atmos and DTS Virtual X surround sound, global HDR standards, and displays with up to 2304 backlight dimming zones, providing viewers best-in-class experiences for cinematic entertainment.
Besides, the chipset integrated a high-performance AI processing unit (APU). Supports cutting-edge AI-enhancement technologies such as AI-SR (super-resolution), AI-PQ (picture quality) & AI-AQ (audio quality) technologies. Additionally variable refresh rate (VRR) and MEMC (motion estimation and motion compensation) so graphics appear smoother.
It’s still not everything
The chip supports the latest connectivity technologies including Wi-Fi 6 for fast, reliable connectivity and HDMI 2.1, and HDR Standards (BBC HLG, HDR10 (SMPTE2084), Dolby Vision HDR, Technicolor/Philips JHDR (ESTI TS 103 433), HDR10+, China HDR (Preliminary Support))
MediaTek’s MT9638 Highlights Features:
- A multi-core Arm Cortex-A55 CPU, Arm Mali-G52 GPU, and dedicated MediaTek APU integrated into a single chip, delivering superior performance while also being extremely power efficient.
- Up to 4K60 resolution support with a multimedia decoding engine for HEVC, VP9, and the latest AV1 content.
- HDR10+ display support, enabling full array backlight local dimming with >2000 zones.
- Premium Dolby Atmos and DTS Virtual X surround sound support.
- The latest HDMI 2.1a and USB 3.0 interfaces, in addition to gigabit-class Wi-Fi 6 connectivity.
- With up to four far-field microphones, the chip provides whole room coverage for voice assistants with ultra-low power consumption (0.5W) on standby and ultra-fast, one-second resume for wake-up words.
When 4K Smart TV with a new chipset?
MT9638-powered 4K smart TVs are expected to reach the consumer market in Q2 2021. More details on the Mediatek MT9638 product page.