Matricom company has now launched a new Android media player called G-Box Q with an Amlogic S802 processor, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC, Ethernet and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The box will also feature HyperStream, a P2P video streaming technology providing a “more reliable and faster transmission of on-demand and streaming video data”.
Matricom G-Box Q specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S802 quad core ARM Cortex A9r4 at 2.0GHz with ARM Mali-450MP6 GPU
- System Memory – 2G DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB internal storage + micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K30, AV port
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR Sensor, Power LED (g letter), power button
- Dimensions – 10.16 x 10.16 x3.81 cm
The device runs Android 4.4.4 with the company’s “Matricom Experience Launcher” (MEL), and XBMC/Kodi. Details about HyperStream are scarse, and it’s not clear to which services it will connect.
Discussion about this post