Magicsee N5 Plus is another Android TV Box powered by Amlogic S905X3 SoC. N5 Plus is another TV Box from the series “N5” (N5, N5 MAX, N5 Nova – review) belonging to the known Magicsee brand. This time, Magicsee brand decided to equip its TV Box with 2.5 “HDD / SSD bay up to 4TB!.
Availability and price
The Magicsee N5 Plus TV Box now is available on Gearbest store at presale for $79.99 (4GB/64GB)
N5 Plus Android TV Box Overwiew
As you can see in the picture TV Box makes a great impression. It looks really solid. In addition to the powerful S905X3 chipset, the TV Box has been equipped with 4GB RAM DDR4 and 64GB eMMC. As we also mentioned, the N5 Plus TV Box has a built-in 2.5-inch HDD / SSD bay for a disk up to 4TB. This is a great solution if you want to build a home entertainment center. Your entire audio-video library and photos are at your fingertips.
TV Box also supports dual-band 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 and 10 / 100M Fast Ethernet. TV Box runs on Android 9.0. Besides, N5 Plus supports decoding up to up to 8Kx4K @ 24 fps, video playback 4K 60fps, and other features (Screen Recording, Root Swtich, Hardware Monitor). More details in the specification below.
Magicsee N5 Plus TV Box Specifications:
- CPU – Amlogic S905X3 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.9 GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G31MP2 GPU
- Memory – 4GB RAM DDR4
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC flash + microSD card slot + 2.5″ SATA up to 4TB HDD/SSD
- Connectivity – Dual-band 802.11ac (2.4GHz-5Ghz), Bluetooth 4.1, 10/100M Ethernet
- Video & Audio Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz with HDCP
- 3.5mm AV jack for composite video (480i/576i) and stereo audio
- Optical S/PDIF
- Video / Picture Decoding
- VP9 Profile-2 up to 8Kx4K @ 24 fps
- H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 8Kx4K @ 24 fps
- AVS2-P2 Profile up to 8Kx4K @ 24 fps
- H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MPEG- 4 ASP @ L5 up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-14496)
- WMV / VC-1 SP / MP / AP up to 1080P @ 60fps
- AVS-P16 (AVS +) / AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P @ 60fps
- MPEG -2 MP / HL up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-13818)
- MPEG-1 MP / HL up to 1080P @ 60fps (ISO-11172)
- RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P @ 60fps
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – LED display on front panel, IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 12.50 x 12.50 x 4.50 cm
- Weight – 185g
If you are looking for an Android TV Box with a powerful processor, Android 9.0 OS, a 2.5″ SATA HDD/SSD bay up to 4TB, reasonable price and vendor support (via firmware updates), then Magicsee N5 Plus seems to be a good solution. Now at presale for $79.99.